Thursday, October 31, 2013

Week 5 EOC: Social Networks and Job Hunting

In the article about Job recruiters turning to Facebook to fine people to work for them. Companies are going on Facebook to try and find some people to work for them in a certain area that they need an employer. Some companies have signed up with Facebook and they use the website to help find people to work for them. If you have an employee who finds someone to recruit they will give that employer some money. People love talking about thing that make them happy and enjoy. Companies that everyone enjoy are trying to come up with new ideas to bring to the people. These companies are turning into influential brand ambassadors. One they pick someone to be an ambassador for that company they are trained to talk about that company and go out and talk to people. Now some ambassadors do not just talk they also will start and create a blog and then start blogging about the company too. A lot of ambassadors love their job and they don't see it as one they just enjoy going around and talking about what they love. I was perusing the “gigs” section of Craigslist and saw an ad for JetBlue lovers. I do love the airline (unlimited snacks! low fares!)—and was intrigued by the idea of a flexible 10–15-hour workweek and the possibility of training at JetBlue headquarters in New York City. I applied. In my two phone interviews with RepNation, I talked about my enthusiasm for the brand, my life at Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT), and my Facebook profile with its over 300 RIT “friends.” I was accepted to JetBlue’s CrewBlue ambassador program and flown free to New York for a day of training with 41 other reps from 21 campuses."

No comments:

Post a Comment